Sunday 6 November 2011

Introduction


          Who Am I?
     Who am I? Sometimes I don't even know. I sit and ponder on the past, and dream of the future. But as to what the future may hold - what should I expect? I can’t run from who or what I am. Should I try?
     So many people want to be different, yet when they try to be, all they wind up being, is the same as everyone else.
     What does it mean to be different? Is there a manual somewhere, locked away in the catacombs of the past, that answers that question?
     If there is, I haven’t found it yet.
     The easiest way to solve this problem is to not even try. It's so much easier to fall into line, with all the 'others' who are 'being different'. Nobody notices, or bothers you that way.
     Well, that's just not for me. I am different - I like being different, so there!
     If you've stumbled in here by mistake, or are here for the sake of curiosity, it does not matter to me. This is where I contemplate the secrets of the universe, let off steam, and talk about things I think are worth sharing.
     It may be about a rant or a rave. It might be a poem, or a funny saying. Or… it might even be a story I've written. Perchance one of ‘our’ books – my husband’s and mine.
     Together, we write a series called, ‘A Vested Interest’. It’s up to seven books now, and still no end in sight.
     On occasion, I might branch out with a romance story, like my 'Blood Of The Rainbow'. My husband’s not too good at those, but he helps with the technical end of things. "Shh - don't tell." He keeps my head straight, and doesn't let me step out of my 'timeline'. Very hard to do when you write about time zones all over the world - especially the US and UK.
     If I get really ‘bored’ I might share one of my ‘ramblings’, like ‘Missed Opportunities’. It’s just something I did to clear my head of the dreaded… ‘writer’s block’. Yes, we all have them – even me!
     If you find what I have to say, or what I've written to be a little strange or crazy, that's your right. Just as it’s my right to write it. No pun intended. 
     I don't know how often I'll put things on here, but when I do – feel free to comment.
     So once again, who am I? I guess I’m just different!
Thanks for stopping by: Shelia Chapman

No comments: